XF 1.4 I need a slider on homepage

Muhtefi

Hello,
I am new to XF and just bought the script. I will install a forum for our travel company.
The forum will be on subdomain. So I need a slider to promote our tour packs and ideally
each photo will redirect to either an inner page or to a reservation page.

So I need a slider. Is there such a functionallity or an addon?

thanks

how about xenporta?
is it an addon, a slider?

and how can I find it? I couldnt find it in resources
and what is notices system? is it a functionality that comes with XF?

isnt there a plugin for this?

Last edited:
I believe [bd]image has a slider that works with widget framework. Or as a standalone with several options.

Visual awareness increased.

[FEATURES]
1. Thread image from IMG bb-code or attachments (editable by user)
2. Show thumbnail in thread list, forum list (last post) or search list.
3. Supports [bd] Widget Framework with renderers for different layout: grid, slider, 2-columns.

I'm only going by what I've read and have not tried or tested the product. So I'm not really entirely sure what it does.

Re-enabling a disabled notice will not make it appear again to members who have previously dismissed that notice

I could not understand this when reading about notices.
will they never see that notice again?

[bd]image looks like a good solution but I guess its not compatible with 1.4

nd for your info, it is impossible to navigate the site.
you cant easily find what you are looking for.
resources could be more organized

Last edited:
I could not understand this when reading about notices.
will they never see that notice again?
Members can dismiss notices, if the option is enabled when you create a notice. If they do that, then they will never see them again. Your only options with notices are to not allow members to dismiss them (which could be annoying) or to re-create the same notice if you want to use it again in the future.

XenPorta does have a slider but I personally wouldn't recommend that portal solution as it doesn't fully work and is unsupported. There is another add-on, Featured Threads and Portal, which does have a slider. The add-on is for featuring threads though, which may not be exactly the functionality that you require. Best you search for it in the Resources section and read about it to see for yourself.

last but not least,

I will use this slider on forums page, on top. Featured Threads and Portal looks like a good solution
but is this for homepage only?
can I replace it on top of forums page?

last but not least,

I will use this slider on forums page, on top. Featured Threads and Portal looks like a good solution
but is this for homepage only?
can I replace it on top of forums page?
Featured Threads allows the slider to go on the forums page and some others too (anywhere that you can feature a thread).
I believe that for XenPorta you can also put the slider on the forums page, best thing it to ask that question in the XenPorta discussion thread for that add-on.

I will not use the portal page. I just want to use the forums page for XF.
So all the featured threads will go to the slider on forums page to the top

can I unfeature the feautured threads and vice versa to show on the slider if I use Featured Threads and Portal?

So all the featured threads will go to the slider on forums page to the top

can I unfeature the feautured threads and vice versa to show on the slider if I use Featured Threads and Portal?
You can choose which featured threads are also shown in the slider. You can unfeature threads too and these will be removed from the slider.

Any further questions about this add-on should be posted in the Featured Threads discussion thread (the one attached to the add-on in Resources).

Top Bottom