I Need A Drawing Tablet!!!

I think you might benefit from a used Tablet PC.
They can be had fairly cheaply nowadays.

What software are you going to be using ?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The main problem with the bamboo would be ... it's too small. Very small movements on the writing area translate to large movements on the screen. It would be very hard to do any detail work.

Bought the Wacom Intuos 5 Multi Touch (Small)

http://www.amazon.com/Wacom-Intuos5-Touch-Tablet-PTH450/dp/B0076HMDQO

This was drawn at www.pixlr.com

I have no idea why it bled like that. I wanted the lines to be solid.

8thos.webp

For the absolute cheapest, I would go with Bamboo. But I recommend Intuos4 or greater for a mid-range, all purpose tablet. However, the Cintiq is the ultimate, and I've been saving for one of these (unsuccessfully) for a few years now. I think a good compromise between price and quality is the Intuos.

For the absolute cheapest, I would go with Bamboo. But I recommend Intuos4 or greater for a mid-range, all purpose tablet. However, the Cintiq is the ultimate, and I've been saving for one of these (unsuccessfully) for a few years now. I think a good compromise between price and quality is the Intuos.

I think if your serious about drawing for the web it's well worth saving up. I've had the funds to purchase the one for the one i linked to but still can't justify paying for it until i know 100% i can recoup the costs. If it's just a phase your going through and your just using it to bide your time due to boredom it's probably not worth buying the Cintiq and going for what you recommended a mid range tablet. That being said, i've been tempted for some time now myself.

I haven't looked at Wacom's offerings in a while, but from what I recall, the Bamboo is fairly small, with about a 3x5" drawing area. The difference in day to day use between this and a 5x8"ish Intuos tablet is tremendous. The bigger tablets have programmable buttons right on the pad which helps useability too. Again, the specs may have changed some in the last few years, I just want to make the point that a (slightly) bigger work surface makes a much bigger difference than you might otherwise assume.

I have a thinkpad x220 convertible laptop with a touch screen and stylus that works really well for what I use it for, which is primarily drawing diagrams to explain concepts in videos (i.e. not fancy art). I had long wanted a drawing tablet with a built in display, but when I needed to replace my laptop, I found that a convertible tablet was a cost effective way to kill two birds with one stone. Might be worth considering with Win8 on the scene (I use Win7, but whatever).

I haven't looked at Wacom's offerings in a while, but from what I recall, the Bamboo is fairly small, with about a 3x5" drawing area. The difference in day to day use between this and a 5x8"ish Intuos tablet is tremendous. The bigger tablets have programmable buttons right on the pad which helps useability too. Again, the specs may have changed some in the last few years, I just want to make the point that a (slightly) bigger work surface makes a much bigger difference than you might otherwise assume.
The Bamboos are still pretty small, but have a bit more functionality than they used to. Newest lines have the multi-touch feature enabled, like the Intuos5. If you're really hurting for cash, it's a good place to start, and I think it's something to consider if you need something portable, and don't have/like anything like the Inkling or the Galaxy Note.

Googled for a good hugging bunny pic to add to pokes. Couldn't find one. Gonna use my wacom to create one.

It's your brush settings. IIRC Shelley is an expert with those tablets. Best to ask her questions you can't find answers to on the web.

It's your brush settings. IIRC Shelley is an expert with those tablets. Best to ask her questions you can't find answers to on the web.

Not an expert here. I own a cheap wacom tablet but haven't used it (maybe once) in the 4 years or so I've had it. @Kier would be the best person to ask since he uses his Cintiq frequently ( he designed the admincp images) with it so he's your best person to ask.

Your on the right track though, it'll be a brush setting issue.

Top Bottom