I love XF

0xym0r0n

I'm sorry if this is the wrong section or not necessary but I love XF soooooo much.

I've been spoiled by you guys. I recently just tried to edit style sheets in 4.2.0 version of another popular forum software >.> and I'm almost in tears with the difficulty.

In XF I'd have had these minor edits done in about 5 minutes. It's embarrassing but I've spent a few hours just googling the css styles I need to use for this other one... EVEN when I find the correct style sheet to modify the css I think is correct (from using firebug) is not correct -.-

*cries* I wish I has $140 to drop, so I can upgrade these friends into the easy life!

20485444.webp

OMFG I FOUND OUT how to change a the colors on the profile page of this other software and now...
Untitled-2.webp

Soooo what makes all text black in this dang profile BUT post count text clearly is an exception to this rule no matter what I do? I'm tired and I'm cranky.

Basically this is the tantrum I just had over this...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I might be doing it all wrong but I thought I could just grab the css elements/tags whatever!!! Add them to the additional css and be done with it. :(

*cries* I wish I has $140 to drop, so I can upgrade these friends into the easy life!
I'm thinking to myself "Don't you already have a xenForo license?"

And if I were you, I'd move over RedDead.Us root over to RedDeadForums.com - It's only a simple root change. All you need to do is point RedDeadForum.com to that particular root.

All you need to do, is change the parent directory [called root directory] of RedDead.Us to where RedDeadForums will sit. That's it!

Once you're done this, change all references on xenForo board info from RedDead.Us to RedDead Forums or Red Dead Forums, and your url from reddead.us to reddeadforums.com - from here on, your site is running natively on RedDeadForums.com

Then, put RedDead.Us on redirection for 2 months or 3 months at tops... Once you're done with redirection part - If you do not want to waste RedDead.Us - put that on a blog like.... wordpress. So, both sites can act as a network of sorts... I do it at MW3Blog.

yeah you not the only one!
Xenforo taught me what is css and html, and how to work with add-on and make them. XenForo taught me that there is a chance forums would survive in front of giant social sites. It also taught me that strong and powerful community starts with a great product (idea) first.

I'm thinking to myself "Don't you already have a xenForo license?"

And if I were you, I'd move over RedDead.Us root over to RedDeadForums.com - It's only a simple root change. All you need to do is point RedDeadForum.com to that particular root.

All you need to do, is change the parent directory [called root directory] of RedDead.Us to where RedDeadForums will sit. That's it!

Once you're done this, change all references on xenForo board info from RedDead.Us to RedDead Forums or Red Dead Forums, and your url from reddead.us to reddeadforums.com - from here on, your site is running natively on RedDeadForums.com

Then, put RedDead.Us on redirection for 2 months or 3 months at tops... Once you're done with redirection part - If you do not want to waste RedDead.Us - put that on a blog like.... wordpress. So, both sites can act as a network of sorts... I do it at MW3Blog.
Yeah already being plan on moving everything to red dead forums. Got the domain for SEO purposes and that EMD stuff. RedDead.us will actually just link directly to the forum instead of portal though as most of members are found of that name (including me lol).
it also taught me that this thread should be in the off topic forum :D
I was considering it but I also felt this was 'feedback' as in I LOVE XF. LMAO so I figured trying it out here first. Someone will move me when they see it.

Yeah already being plan on moving everything to red dead forums. Got the domain for SEO purposes and that EMD stuff. RedDead.us will actually just link directly to the forum instead of portal though as most of members are found of that name (including me lol).
It's a good domain name! (y) Whatever you did to acquire the domain is well worth the risk! :)

Top Bottom