I just upgraded my xF B3 -> B4 and my vB 4.0.8 -> 4.1.0 PL2

Vincent

Hey guys,

I've just upgraded my XenForo from Beta 3 to Beta 4.
I'm also upgrading my vBulletin 4.0.8 to 4.1.0 PL1.

Now, the difference between those 2 sentenses is that one is in the past and one is still going on (continious).

I've started the upgrade at the exact same time, and my XenForo Upgrade is done for +/- 10 minutes now, while my vBulletin is still stuck at 98%, for over 5 minutes.

My XenForo showed a nice little phrase that said "We are currently upgrading our forums".
In vB, I had to do that all by myself :(

I'll keep ya up to date on what errors vBulletin brings
As for XenForo, I had one little error, but that was fixed by Mike. Exellent support guys!

Btw: Still stuck at 98%

vBulletin 4 is just a combination of different codes, put and mixed together in a bad way. I once compared vB4 and MS Vista on another forum.

Thank God vB 5 will be a complete re-write of the forum software.

vBulletin 4 is just a combination of different codes, put and mixed together in a bad way. I once compared vB4 and MS Vista on another forum.

That will be IF IB didn't give up by then.

vB5 wont be a total rewrite... v5 is supposed to be when the refactoring of vB4 will supposedly be complete. It may not even be completely refactored until v5.1 or 5.2

Nope... VB have publicly stated this is not so. VB4 is the rewrite towards VB5. It will use a majority of the same code, some new... improvements along the way, but the same core. The only significant code change will a template rewrite I believe... which is nothing but the aesthetics... even if they do that, as it doesn't seem they have done a great deal for 4.1. If they touch the forum code and make it work like the CMS... they will only dig a deeper hole for themselves, as the forum is the only part with decent performance.

Nope... VB have publicly stated this is not so. VB4 is the rewrite towards VB5. It will use a majority of the same code, some new... improvements along the way, but the same core. The only significant code change will a template rewrite I believe...
With this, their legal tactics and vB4 debacle one thing is for sure: vB5 sale or presale won't fly high.

Top Bottom