I have problems after transferring between servers.

Slaweally

Hello dear friends. I had a website with Xenforo latest version. I hosted it on a server with Cloudpanel infrastructure for months and got excellent performance (I recommend CloudPanel to everyone) then I had to switch to Plesk server for a different reason, but I encountered a few problems that never ended.

1- When I activate SEF Url, my website gives 403 forbidden error. When I disable this and delete htaccesses, the site recovers and opens. I couldn't find a solution to it. Plesk mod_rewrite is active and I can actively use it on my other websites. So why might xenforo be giving me this problem?

2- Another question I have is that after the migration, all the images on the website are gone and now there are empty images instead of all of them. Their addresses have all changed.
Image addresses used to be like this: data/avatars/l/0/4.jpg
Now it went like this: index.php?attachments/134/

Can you please help me how to solve these problems?

is your new server using apache? it's possible you have litespeed or nginx running which takes different rules for re-writes. check with your host. May also be a rewrite base directive that's missing/needs to be changed.

Image addresses used to be like this: data/avatars/l/0/4.jpg
Now it went like this: index.php?attachments/134/

This may just be the setting for Friendly URLs is turned off.

1671140398312.webp

You can find the setting at: Setup - Options - Basic Options - Use full friendly URLs (third to last option on the page).

If it is turned on already then this will be an .htaccess issue also.

This may just be the setting for Friendly URLs is turned off.

View attachment 278374

You can find the setting at: Setup - Options - Basic Options - Use full friendly URLs (third to last option on the page).

If it is turned on already then this will be an .htaccess issue also.
is your new server using apache? it's possible you have litespeed or nginx running which takes different rules for re-writes. check with your host. May also be a rewrite base directive that's missing/needs to be changed.
Dear friends, thank you for your reply.
The problem is that when the SEF URL is active it needs to have .htaccess for it to work. If htaccess is active in the main directory, access to the site is gone this time :) I get 403 forbidden error.

I could not resolve the error in the attachment files. I don't understand why this happens.

sorry for my basic answer... but have you tried manually running "Cron entries" and "Rebuild caches"?

Are you sure that your files are there? In other words, if you take one of your broken urls can you navigate to the respective directory/file and see the image file there?

Do you have access to your original site on Cloudpanel?

Are you sure that your files are there? In other words, if you take one of your broken urls can you navigate to the respective directory/file and see the image file there?

Do you have access to your original site on Cloudpanel?
thank you for your answer, i tried many of these methods and they were all wrong man i solved the problem in a different way.

The solution is;
I installed a different Xenforo with subdomain on the new server and imported this data to the other site with the importer tool, then I deleted the xenforo in the home directory with the same method and re-installed it, and I solved the problem by importing it from the xenforo in the subdomain with the importer.

Top Bottom