1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I had my doubts at first, but now I am a believer!

Discussion in 'General XenForo Discussion and Feedback' started by Gregory Lynn, Jun 13, 2011.

1. Gregory Lynn

Gregory Lynn Active Member

I will admit that when I first installed my XenForo forum and didn't receive any Google searches after almost two weeks I was a bit skeptical. My prior MyBB forum was receiving searches after 1 week and my IPB forum didn't receive any searches in 4 months.

I thought to myself I sure hope this isn't going to be IPB all over again! Well I am happy to inform you that Saturday I received my first search. It felt like some one lifted a elephant off my chest. I thought to myself its only uphill from here. Little did I know that uphill meant the next day. Yesterday (Sunday) I received a mind blowing 8 searches on 7 different topics!

The reason I say its mind blowing is because my forum has less then 1k posts. If I can receive this many searches in a day with under 1k posts. I can only imagine how many searches I am going to have at 10k posts! :D

I am going to be starting another new forum in the next month or two. And XenForo will be my software of choice!

Greg

EQnoble, Peggy, Garamond and 2 others like this.
  2. DroidHost

DroidHost Well-Known Member

How can you know how many search do you receive ?

3. Garamond

Garamond Well-Known Member

I'm guessing he's using Google Analytics.

4. ragtek

ragtek Guest

or any other analyse software:)

I'm preferring piwik (because of my users privacy), which also shows the search terms:

piwik.PNG

Defqon likes this.
  5. Gregory Lynn

Gregory Lynn Active Member

He is right I am using Google Analytics and I also reference it with awstats.

6. DroidHost

good to know ... bcz I am in love with open source
    where I put piwik JavaScript Code in term of xf ?

7. ragtek

ragtek Guest

footer (or end of body hook)

8. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

Did I or did I not tell you to be patient. ;)

9. DroidHost

I put it in the page container ... after body ... to not slow anything