I got an addiction to programming for XF...

Jeremy

in memoriam 1991-2020
Anybody else have this? Because honestly, I do. Its so fun, exciting, easy, full filling, and down right powerful. I just released v1.2 of BB CM like 12 hours ago, and I'm already started on v1.3, and have a complete feature nearly completed (of which I started about an hour ago)! Honestly, does anybody else feel the need to satisfy some inner desire to program for XF? At this rate, if I had more time on my heads, I'd be releasing either an update or new add-on basically every day! Just wait until summer / Christmas break comes around... lol

Anybody else have this? Because honestly, I do. Its so fun, exciting, easy, full filling, and down right powerful. I just released v1.2 of BB CM like 12 hours ago, and I'm already started on v1.3, and have a complete feature nearly completed (of which I started about an hour ago)! Honestly, does anybody else feel the need to satisfy some inner desire to program for XF? At this rate, if I had more time on my heads, I'd be releasing either an update or new add-on basically every day! Just wait until summer / Christmas break comes around... lol
Haha thats cool.

I am planning to do couples of styles for xenforo once my site is up and running :) Never been so interested and addicted to anything else . My project is going on and we already got marketing ideas and resources ...even we are planning to sell some custom made Products :P

If I had the time to offer the support and updates I feel are required for a paid add-on, I probably would. But I don't, and I wouldn't feel right asking for / taking money without proper support.

If I had the time to offer the support and updates I feel are required for a paid add-on, I probably would. But I don't, and I wouldn't feel right asking for / taking money without proper support.

Ah once my skins are ready they will be free :) Products as i mentioned above is something different about the Project i am working on

If you build great mods, then the best place to start is by making them free with a paid copyright notice removal, measure how it goes and then whether the interest is there that you can charge along with then dedicating the time in your life to supporting it as a paid product.

See, im even picky with copyrights! Find one for one of my add-ons! BB Code manager might dem the need to have one, but it still doesnt. So, that doesn't work. And Id still feel guilty if I couldn't give them priority support. I'm all about quality products, with quality support.

No, i don't have a addiction to programming for xf...
It's just a piece of code, just like vB, etc....
You feel that it's nice, because it seems that you never seen a real OOP project^^

XenForo Code is nice and it's easy for add-on coders to extend it and if you know what you're doing you can code very fast big and great add-ons.

We have the plans/concepts for some really big and professional commercial add-ons.
Were just waiting for the "result" of the lawsuits because we don't want to spend too much time with something, which could become useless ...

We have the plans/concepts for some really big and professional commercial add-ons.
Were just waiting for the "result" of the lawsuits because we don't want to spend too much time with something, which could become useless ...
That can take years... are you seriously going to miss out on the realistic years worth off income between now and then? That type of thinking is the exact scare nonsense IB wanted... vs. building, releasing and start making money. Its not like the licenses aren't already selling like hotcakes considering the new XF's popping up daily... and even more so now with VB and there.... cough, 4.1 debacle.

If that is your motivation to hold out, I would seriously be talking with Kier and Mike behind the scenes so you can ascertain some more clarity on such decisions.

Top Bottom