I found the fastest forum and the most users online at once today

Alternadiv

⚠️ Warning: This thread doesn't really have a purpose. Read at your own time expense.

Occasionally I browse the net for websites and forums for ideas and to procrastinate IRL responsibilities. I found a few lists of forums today so I managed to find a bunch of forums I haven't checked out yet. Here are my two takeaways from today's forum-hopping session.

While [H]ard|Forum is not new to me, I visited it for the first time in a while, and... It. Loads. Fast. I usually don't notice fasts sites loading fast but this one felt faster than dial-up speeds at the very least. Can anyone confirm or deny that this feels noticeably Mach 1? Thank you.

Next is a forum—also XF powered—that had over 17,000 members (not guests) online. The niche of the forum appears to be tech and comics with a sprinkle of adult content, so I don't think I can link to it here. But it has over 3.7m members with 17k of them currently online. Wtf?

That wraps up my forum deep-dive. I guess I'll go do something productive now.

Next is a forum—also XF powered—that had over 17,000 members (not guests) online. The niche of the forum appears to be tech and comics with a sprinkle of adult content, so I don't think I can link to it here. But it has over 3.7m members with 17k of them currently online.
I'm curious to know this forum :D
That's the largest XF Forum I guess.

nice. i wish there was a simple way to get rid of all profile and node images! would love to have an option for a text focused theme.

Teaser. Give us a link to the one with 3M users!
Not sure I can due to its content.
nice. i wish there was a simple way to get rid of all profile and node images! would love to have an option for a text focused theme.
For the right site, I agree. I love designs that aren’t flashy. They have an early 2000s feel. I’m not a fan of modern web design trends at all (not taking about forums). It wouldn’t fit well for my niche but if I had suitable site, I would do it.

It. Loads. Fast.
PageSpeed Insights doesn't think so.

f.webp

even my forum loads faster )

f2.webp

Top Bottom