I Don't Play Computer Games But...

DRE

...I find myself wanting to because I be feeling too lazy to turn on the TV, stereo system and game system when I'm also doing something on the computer. I sometimes think to myself... man I should start playing videogames on the computer. So I look for a controller. I saw this...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

and I'm thinking "WTF @ all the stuff I gotta do (configure each button) just to play a game?"

I don't see how y'all do it.

Controllers are one of the biggest headaches when gaming on a Mac. If you have a 360 controller, especially so (since you need to add drivers and not all apps recognise it etc.)

On the other hand, a 360 controller on Windows is largely an 'out of the box' affair for a lot of games because it's the most common controller as far as I can tell and I don't normally even need to fuss with mapping anything...

Gaming on a Mac can be a pain but if you're looking for a controller, give the DualShock 3 a go. If your Mac is Bluetooth capable you should be able to pick up the controller with little trouble. Game support will probably vary, though. Never tried it personally but I've heard of it working out for others.

Top Bottom