XF 2.2 I can't Install any styles to the Xenforo 2.2

nettsted

I just recently upgraded to 2.2.1. Since there are problems with the current theme, I wanted to install a new one. I have tried install 4 different styles but it didn't work. I have tried it with various ways.

I have upload style files into the src/styles and import XML.
I have tried install .zip file to directly from the ACP.

In every attempt I am getting this error:
Please upload a valid style XML or archive file.

All add-ons already disabled.

I fixed the problem. I have re-installed some PHP versions and I forgot "file upload" setting as "off" :D I turned it on and worked.
I have the same Problem, but I am not Profi like you. Where can find Settings - file upload "off"? What do you mean re-install PHP Version? Sorry, I am beginner.

Ok than, what to do to upload new style?
If you're on shared hosting then most of the settings will be pre-determined for you. To upload a new style you need to upload the style files much in the same way you uploaded Xenforo to get it working. Once you've done that, you go to your Xenforo admin section, appearance/styles/ and import the style.xml file that came with the style, once you've done that you should have access to all of the style properties to make whatever changes you want.

Step 1

1704709153534.webp

step 2

1704709197076.webp

It will pay you to make a 'child' of the style you've added and make changes only in the child, that will allow you to update your style/s when needed without having to make all the changes you made originally again. To do this go back to step 2 above and instead of import, click 'Add Style' and do the following:

1704709688057.webp

Give your style a name - description is optional - the important part is the Parent Style - in the image you can see that for me it would be Bolt Dark (it's already stating Parent do not edit) then just click the save button at the bottom of the form and you're done.

As for PHP versions - your shared host control panel should have a section on that - depending on your host. If not, you will have to ask them to change the PHP version for you. Mine is shown below if you need it for a reference point.

1704710186687.webp

Good luck and if you get stuck come back and I'll do my best to help you out.

Well, you need to make sure that file has the extension .xml and that it is in the styles folder that came with the style. For example:

1704710670338.webp

Thanks very mutch. I ve uploaded Zip folder not style.xml ....it was so simple....God bless you Davyc
Always happy to help and really pleased that you've had a positive result.

Your add-ons should work with all styles but may need some tweaking in the new style's options - go to style properties and see if there are any style settings listed. Oh, and you could try rebuilding your add-ons just to be sure. Visting the add-ons section in the admin you should see a list of add-ons and next to each is a cog with a drop arrow - click this and a list of options will appear, click rebuild.

1704714181452.webp

That should sort out any issues.

Hello Davy, I would add new user Gropu, and I am getting this error

XF\Db\Exception: MySQL query error [1364]: Field 'avatar_frame_enable' doesn't have a default value in src/XF/Db/AbstractStatement.php at line 230
  1. XF\Db\AbstractStatement->getException() in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php at line 198
  2. XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->getException() in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php at line 79
  3. XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->execute() in src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php at line 96
  4. XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->query() in src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php at line 220
  5. XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->insert() in src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php at line 1521
  6. XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->_saveToSource() in src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php at line 1253
  7. XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->save() in src/XF/Mvc/FormAction.php at line 71
  8. XF\Mvc\FormAction->XF\Mvc\{closure}() in src/XF/Mvc/FormAction.php at line 189
  9. XF\Mvc\FormAction->run() in src/XF/Admin/Controller/UserGroup.php at line 119
  10. XF\Admin\Controller\UserGroup->actionSave() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 352
  11. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 259
  12. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 115
  13. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 57
  14. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 2487
  15. XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 524
  16. XF::runApp() in admin.php at line 13
What to do?

That's outside of my expertise; I can only guess that it could be an addon causing this. Try disabling your addons and see if the error goes away, if it does then you need to enable each addon one at a time until the error appears then you will know what is causing the error. If it's not an addon, then you will be best placed to raise a support ticket.

That's outside of my expertise; I can only guess that it could be an addon causing this. Try disabling your addons and see if the error goes away, if it does then you need to enable each addon one at a time until the error appears then you will know what is causing the error. If it's not an addon, then you will be best placed to raise a support ticket.
Ok, thank you very mutch.

Top Bottom