ibaker

Affected version
I have placed the Media Slider Widget across the top of the forums:
1.webp

With these settings:
2.webp

Now when you bring the view down from full screen to a window you get:
3.webp

Now an even bigger problem is when you then maximise the window the slider and images start flashing on and off

This is in Firefox and Chrome...In Edge it is the same but without the flashing. This is a bug and makes the XFMG widget unusable across the top of the forums

We’ll certainly look to see if this is changeable but it’s not as big an issue as you assert because it’s very rare in normal usage to be just sporadically resizing the viewport. The exception, perhaps, is if you’re using a device that can change orientation, such as a mobile device. But we’ll see what we can see.

Thanks for reporting this.

There was actually a bug here related to our usage of flexbox CSS on the slider items which was affecting the size of the slides while effectively the slider was attempting to do the same thing so it just made a huge mess. I have never seen the flashing images you mention, but hopefully that won't happen now.

We've rolled those changes out here, so the media slider at the bottom of our forum list should no longer go crazy when resizing the page.

At the same time, we've improved the slider so it now has some flexible responsive settings that can be configured for each widget. These optionally control the number of slides that appear at a time at different viewport sizes.

1524769869798.webp

For example, as it stands right now, your 10 slides per page will always be 10 slides per page, even on a much narrower display, sort of like this:

1524769806176.webp

Which isn't too bad, you might prefer it like that. Alternatively, you could specify that when the viewport is narrow, you instead display 4 images at a time:

1524769912589.webp

Thanks again for the report.

WOW, thanks Chris, I got the impression that it wasn't much of a problem so wasn't likely to get fixed...thanks again. So I presume the fix will be in the next release then

Every problem is a problem, I was just theorising at that point and either way would have come back with a much more detailed analysis. At the time I thought (if anything) it might have been an issue with the underlying library which would have been difficult to resolve without their input or forking the code so it may have just been a case of "making do", at least for a while, or coming up with some other workarounds.

But, thankfully, it was indeed our CSS that caused the issue so it turned out to be much more straight forward.

Absolutely, next release. Likely next week.

Top Bottom