html?

crab1

So I am currently using the go daddy website builder to build a forum. Is xenforo compatible with the godaddy builder. I know websites like phpBB connect through an HTML code. I was wondering if xenForo does the same.

I apologise if this is a stupid question, not very experienced with website development in general so trying to learn the most I can.

Any helpful responses would be a appreciated!

-crab

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
If the host provides the ability to create a database and upload files via FTP, and the server meets the requirements listed on the purchase page (also listed below), then it should be possible.

• PHP: 5.6 (PHP 7.4 recommended)
  • MySQL: 5.5 (MariaDB / Percona also compatible)
  • PHP extensions: MySQLi, GD (with JPEG support), PCRE, cURL, SPL, SimpleXML, DOM, JSON, iconv, ctype
  • Common PHP functions must not be disabled

Check with the host though - only they can answer definitively.

crab1

If the host provides the ability to create a database and upload files via FTP, and the server meets the requirements listed on the purchase page (also listed below), then it should be possible.

• PHP: 5.6 (PHP 7.4 recommended)
  • MySQL: 5.5 (MariaDB / Percona also compatible)
  • PHP extensions: MySQLi, GD (with JPEG support), PCRE, cURL, SPL, SimpleXML, DOM, JSON, iconv, ctype
  • Common PHP functions must not be disabled

Check with the host though - only they can answer definitively.
Do you happen to know where I can go to check if I have support for these?

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
In general, most regaular hosts are - godaddy, namecheap, etc.

Hosts which offer some sort of "easy build" option - they typically are feature limited and aren't suitable.

You should be able to sign up for regular godaddy shared hosting with no issues.

crab1

In general, most regaular hosts are - godaddy, namecheap, etc.

Hosts which offer some sort of "easy build" option - they typically are feature limited and aren't suitable.

You should be able to sign up for regular godaddy shared hosting with no issues.
Alright I will do that then. thanks for helping me out!

-crab

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
Your host can help with setting up the server, domain, and nameservers.

Once you have purchased a license, you can post in the customer forums for assistance with installing and setting up XF.