HTML to BBcode

mrb1972

Does any one know of a php script which would take a text string and convert and HTML code to BBcode, I have goggled but could'nt find anything

Again, if this is post content, you can do it with the find-replace add-on.

If you are talking about a script that creates a custom bbcode that can be imported into any software that is probably never going to happen in my lifetime.

If your talking about a script to convert recognized strings into bbcodes with replacement text you are going to be hard put to find something "out there".

What exactly are you trying to do? Make a custom bbcode?..if so to do what. If you give a little more information I may be able to help you. Then again I may not...but I can't try if you don't help me help you :-)

If you are talking about a script that creates a custom bbcode that can be imported into any software that is probably never going to happen in my lifetime.

If your talking about a script to convert recognized strings into bbcodes with replacement text you are going to be hard put to find something "out there".

What exactly are you trying to do? Make a custom bbcode?..if so to do what. If you give a little more information I may be able to help you. Then again I may not...but I can't try if you don't help me help you :)

I was just converting a few html pages to posts and wanted to convert formatting like <strong> to bbcode, I was just being lazy and trying to find an automatic process... - I ended up making the changes manually

A simple copy and paste into the editor would have sufficed.

Source formatting is retained for the most part.

Maybe too late now, but XenForo_Html_Renderer_BbCode::renderFromHtml(); is a static PHP method that does what you want. I use it in a custom addon to import news from HTML sources.

Top Bottom