XF 2.2 HTML in forum page

Nicolas FR

I just created a forum page but this is not rendered correctly.
  • <code class="bbCodeInline">testing</code> text format is applied but not border and color.
Whatever if Advanced mode is checked or not.
Any idea why ?

Last edited:
I'm no bbCode expert but I would try replacing <code class="bbCodeInline">testing</code> with <div class="bbCodeInline">testing</div>

From what I have gleaned bbCode is normally surrounded by square brackets so you could try [bbCodeInline]testing[/bbCodeInline] if the div does not work. Try it and see if it works. As an aside the Advanced mode just removes the XF wrapper.

My own front page on my movie site uses a Page coded in HTML and external CSS files https://themoviebunker.com

Last edited:
In html the tag <code> is there to show that the content inside the tags is a piece of code but not to be actually rendered. Hence div would be normal, but span would also work depending on the context.

But nonetheless I am confused as to why in the OP the text form does get applied between the <code> tags.

OK I've run some tests - your original code returns the word testing with no formatting, so the bbCode is not rendering. I also tested using square brackets but that just returned the whole line as written. You will need to use raw HTML and CSS either external or inline to get the results you're after. I'm happy to help you further with this if you want your page to appear as you wish; let me know :)

Top Bottom