HTML BBCode (permission protected) [Deleted]

Luke F

Darkimmortal submitted a new resource:

HTML BBCode (permission protected) (version 1.0.0) - Allows members (with permission to do so) to post HTML inside [parsehtml] tags

All incompatibility issues in the previous free version of this addon have been fixed.

Description:

This addon allows your members with the appropriate permission to post raw HTML within [parsehtml] BBCode tags.

Currently the tag is only enabled within threads and post previews (edit, reply, new thread). XenPorta support is also available through a minor file edit....

Read more about this resource...

XenPorta Support:

In library/EWRporta/ViewPublic/Custom.php, replace:

PHP:
$bbCodeParser = new XenForo_BbCode_Parser(XenForo_BbCode_Formatter_Base::create('Base', array('view' => $this)));
$bbCodeOptions = array('states' => array('viewAttachments' => true));
XenForo_ViewPublic_Helper_Message::bbCodeWrapMessages($params[$block['block_id']], $bbCodeParser, $bbCodeOptions);

With:

PHP:
$formatter = Dark_ParseHTML_BbCode_Formatter_Ritsu::create('Dark_ParseHTML_BbCode_Formatter_Ritsu', array('view' => $this));
$bbCodeParser = new Dark_ParseHTML_BbCode_Parser($formatter);                
$bbCodeOptions = array('states' => array('viewAttachments' => true));
Dark_ParseHTML_ViewPublic_Helper_Message::bbCodeWrapMessages($params[$block['block_id']], $bbCodeParser, $bbCodeOptions);

YAHOO...IT'S FIXED...YIPPEE, thanks mate, I have been wanting this for so long, now I can have XenMedio automatically creating threads in the forums whilst also using your parseHTML mod, which I depend on so much as well...thanks again Darki, money well spent

I use xenporta with parseHTML.

When I checked checkbox in xenporta Globalized Custom Layouts option -> Article (article-# > article > portal) -> Categories (articles-#slug > articles > portal), article's layout was broken. (It seems article layout and original xenforo layout have mixed)

I think something is interrupted .

Any solution?

I use xenporta with parseHTML.

When I checked checkbox in xenporta Globalized Custom Layouts option -> Article (article-# > article > portal) -> Categories (articles-#slug > articles > portal), article's layout was broken. (It seems article layout and original xenforo layout have mixed)

I think something is interrupted .

Any solution?

I've fixed this in the latest update released just now :)

Before I buy this I have a question. What happens with these parsehtml tags if I deinstall or disable the add-on? I would think that if I quote a post that has html in parsehtml tags when the add-on is disabled, I would quote the raw parstehtml tags without the html code in those tags being parsed, right?

Before I buy this I have a question. What happens with these parsehtml tags if I deinstall or disable the add-on? I would think that if I quote a post that has html in parsehtml tags when the add-on is disabled, I would quote the raw parstehtml tags without the html code in those tags being parsed, right?

Yes the tags are evaluated at runtime like other tags so this will be the case :)

Alright, I have installed it and here are my findings:

1) This add-on produces 2 queries minimum with no parsehtml tags used.
2) It produces 1 additional query for each parsehtml tag.
0x[parsehtml] = 2 queries
10x[parsehtml] = 12 queries
3) Even if someone doesn't have permission to use parsehtml tags, by putting [parsehtml] in the post the add-on will always make additional queries, meaning if I were a bad user and don't have permission for parsehtml tags, I could still post hundreds of parsehtml tags and abuse the server's resources.
4) People with parsehtml tags permission cannot use parsehtml tags in foreign posts. Like if I wanted to tweak a user submitted news a bit with html, I couldn't do it.

Perhaps it's possible to make this add-on work the burning board way? I am a former burning board user and there you could enable html for each post via an option, like this here:
html.webp
For people with html permission the html option will show up regardless whose post is being edited.

Alright, I have installed it and here are my findings:

1) This add-on produces 2 queries minimum with no parsehtml tags used.
2) It produces 1 additional query for each parsehtml tag.
0x[parsehtml] = 2 queries
10x[parsehtml] = 12 queries
3) Even if someone doesn't have permission to use parsehtml tags, by putting [parsehtml] in the post the add-on will always make additional queries, meaning if I were a bad user and don't have permission for parsehtml tags, I could still post hundreds of parsehtml tags and abuse the server's resources.
4) People with parsehtml tags permission cannot use parsehtml tags in foreign posts. Like if I wanted to tweak a user submitted news a bit with html, I couldn't do it.

Perhaps it's possible to make this add-on work the burning board way? I am a former burning board user and there you could enable html for each post via an option, like this here:
View attachment 31331
For people with html permission the html option will show up regardless whose post is being edited.

Not too sure about the foreign posts or html checkbox as they would likely require some fairly major changes, but I will certainly look into adding proper caching ASAP - can't believe I never noticed that during testing :oops:

Top Bottom