1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.5 HTML Background-Image Not Displayed On Mobiles

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by Divvens, Nov 21, 2015.

1. Divvens

Divvens Well-Known Member

We use a gradient like background image (inserted in the "html" style property) on our theme (http://orojackson.com/misc/style?st....com/threads/beta-1-0-surgeon-of-death.18345/) (or visit and select "Surgeon Of Death")

It works well on PC's but on my mobile (and a few other members mobiles/tablets) the background image doesn't load and just shows up as black, it's like it has been completely removed.

The background image has the following properties:

How do I solve this issue? I'm pretty sure there has to be a way to get it displayed on all browsers, regardless of platform?
  2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

It's still loading on the narrow width as far as I can tell.

3. Divvens

Yep, it's loading on the narrow width on PC's, but not on mobiles. And I don't know any reason as to why this would happen.
  4. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

As far as default XF code is concerned, there is no difference between devices when loading the html background.
  5. Divvens

It does not appear on XenForo forums either, the image isn't there just a single plain color on mobile.
  6. Divvens

Should I report this as a bug?