How will the 3.8.x importer handle BLOG data? And will vBSEO link structures be preserved

HydraulicJack

Might it be possible for example to pass the Blogs data to a dedicated forum with each blog owner having their own sub-forum as I discussed elsewhere?

The number of blog members is relatively small - current count is 64 members have blogs.

Also will vBSEO link structures remain intact? Google et al might get pretty rough on our ranking if these all suddenly change...

Hmm I think I saw Kier somewhere mention redirects but not sure how that might get handled when Blogs and when vBSEO is involved.

Thanks. Countin' the days!!!

ok here is what i can say from what i have read in some of the existing threads on the forum...

from what i have read, there is no confirmation that blog content would be imported by the official XF converter for vB 3.x. third party solutions might work out here.

and XF would support the link structure of vB. but you might need to do some custom redirect rules to convert the vbseo links to regular vB links which are then managed by XF.

vbseo developers provide some sample redirect codes that you can customize and use. and if you have an active license, i guess you can request them to provide codes that would work for your own customized link structure.

Forum CORE! No addons, since there's no blog app for XenForo.
Yet... ;)
from what i have read, there is no confirmation that blog content would be imported by the official XF converter for vB 3.x. third party solutions might work out here.
Right since there's no defined box to put it in.
I previously discussed an interim solution that Mike seemed to think as reasonable and probably doable until a real blog plugin appears, to wit:
name a top level forum as Blogs, each sub-forum the name of a user, which user has exclusive rights for that sub-forum to create threads, while everyone can reply to the threads.

Then when a true XF Blog does appear, that data could probably find a way to migrate to it.

and XF would support the link structure of vB.
Yeah that's what gave me the above idea.

Of course, there seems to be a strong trend of support for XF'ers to just use the local (i.e. on XF'er's server) version of WordPress, and as long as we're talking single login, that might be acceptable or even welcomed by my community.

but you might need to do some custom redirect rules to convert the vbseo links to regular vB links which are then managed by XF... vbseo developers provide some sample redirect codes that you can customize and use. and if you have an active license, i guess you can request them to provide codes that would work for your own customized link structure.
That's good to keep in mind...
Thanks OM for your thoughtful reply!

Top Bottom