How to value two forums before potentially selling?

DaveL

Hi,

I currently have two forums that im possibly looking to sell, however im not sure how to value them. I'll provide as much detail as I can in the hope someone maybe able to help!

Forum One
Genre - Game Based (Mobile, Tablet, Facebook)
Software - Xenforo
Members - 2982
Topics - 4616
Posts - 60154
Forum Age - April 2012
Activity - 85 - 110 members visiting each day

Google Analytics - 1st November until 21st November
Visits - 12,132
Page Views - 67,216
Revenue - Never less then £60 per month via ads.

Forum Two
Genre - Game Based (Mobile, Tablet, Facebook)
Software - Xenforo
Members - 859
Topics - 1256
Posts - 2998
Forum Age - April 2013
Activity - 20-40 members visiting each day

Google Analytics - 1st November until 21st November
Visits - 25,802
Page Views - 116,215
Revenue - Ads present since 15th October 2015. £90 first month, currently £100 this month so far.

Reason for sale? I just dont have the time to look after and grow these two forums any longer.

Any help greatly appreciated.

The answer is they are worth however much you are willing to part with them -vs- how much someone is willing to pay for them.

If you can manage it, it's always nice to have a continued revenue after the sale... ie... X new owner agrees that even after the sale, for Y time, they will continue to promote your ads, allowing you to collect revenue and will not compete or remove said revenue until such time has expired.

These are the deals I like to do for example.

Last edited:
The answer is they are worth however much you are willing to part with them -vs- how much someone is willing to pay for them.
Of all of the suggestions given for "how to sell sites?" question over the last 10 years, I like your answer.

Top Bottom