XF 2.0 How to Upgrade XF2 - Step-By-Step Process?

You've followed the steps exactly, and uploaded them to the right folders?

Have you looked with your host to see if they have a custom IP for their mysql servers? Some hosts put their MySQL on a separate machine.

I posted a question in the support area and got connected to the XF support team. After a number of steps, I was able to upgrade from 2.0.2 to 2.0.4 without errors. It is still unknown why I was receiving those errors, but at least I know the steps to take now. FYI - When using the Mac version of FileZilla to upload the newer files to the server, you need to use the settings below to accomplish what XF calls "merge" - which essentially replaces the older 2.0.2 files with the newer 2.0.4 ones, and leaves everything else the same.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-03-30 at 6.44.07 AM.webp
    Screen Shot 2018-03-30 at 6.44.07 AM.webp
    15.7 KB · Views: 64
I posted a question in the support area and got connected to the XF support team. After a number of steps, I was able to upgrade from 2.0.2 to 2.0.4 without errors. It is still unknown why I was receiving those errors, but at least I know the steps to take now. FYI - When using the Mac version of FileZilla to upload the newer files to the server, you need to use the settings below to accomplish what XF calls "merge" - which essentially replaces the older 2.0.2 files with the newer 2.0.4 ones, and leaves everything else the same.
Glad you were able to fix it!

Top Bottom