XF 1.5 How to translate an addon?

Most plugins come with phrases, you can find the phrases for a plugin through the admin control panel under appearance.
Editing a phrase there will change it on the live site.
It's possible an addon has their text done differently, which plugin are you trying to translate?

You can find a list of all phrases by an add-on in the .xml file you use to install it, in the <phrases> tag.

Create a new language in the ACP, edit the phrases in that language.

Thanks for the tip, I'm going to begin with that ASAP and let you guys know. This'll be my first translation. Thanks ;)

Do I need to set permissions or something? All the phrases I've translated so far are not showing up in the forum...
Phrases do not have permissions.

You should ensure that language is set as default (or active) in the forum. Or else you'll just see phrases from the English (US) language.

The XenForo translation system is outdated, horrific, primitive and much more...

You can use this Guiltar's addon: https://xenforo.com/community/resources/developer-kit.246/ . This addon will help you to filter the phrases by addon and by translated or untranslated phrases.

To translate any XenForo phrase or any phrase from an addon you just have to go to:

Administration Panel --> Appearance --> Languages --> And in the language to translate select phrases.

The XenForo translation system is outdated, horrific, primitive and much more...

You can use this Guiltar's addon: https://xenforo.com/community/resources/developer-kit.246/ . This addon will help you to filter the phrases by addon and by translated or untranslated phrases.

To translate any XenForo phrase or any phrase from an addon you just have to go to:

Administration Panel --> Appearance --> Languages --> And in the language to translate select phrases.

Thank you, Luis. This sounds like a time saver... Gonna give it a try.

Muchas gracias, compadre!!!;)

WOW, I've been translating the Pickem plugin made by @Bob and that REALLY is a tedious task. It's got so many phrases I think I'll never finnish with it...

I'd rather pay someone to translate it for me... but, in the meantime, I'll keep working on it...

WOW, I've been translating the Pickem plugin made by @Bob and that REALLY is a tedious task. It's got so many phrases I think I'll never finish with it...

I'd rather pay someone to translate it for me... but, in the meantime, I'll keep working on it...
When I translate plugins for dutch sites to dutch, I work on the visual front end first. And then the nitty picky work. It feels then that most is done, and the end user at least gets what they are expecting to be in dutch to be dutch. The more rare situations and stuff follows fast. And it creates a bit of community discussions when they report a left over english phrase we didn't catch first round

When I translate plugins for dutch sites to dutch, I work on the visual front end first. And then the nitty picky work. It feels then that most is done, and the end user at least gets what they are expecting to be in dutch to be dutch. The more rare situations and stuff follows fast. And it creates a bit of community discussions when they report a left over english phrase we didn't catch first round

Wonderful idea, my friend, I'll do that to. Thanks for the tip...

Top Bottom