How to tell when a product reviewer had too much apple juice.

rainmotorsports

Looking for a new external battery I actually wasn't out of place reading reviews on a site dedicated to Apple. Any good battery that can charge an iPad (which most can't) is going to do my windows tablet just fine.

But I had to laugh at this short sightedness:
upload_2015-2-4_20-42-26.webp

So micro-USB is for Android? Man I wonder what nearly every other phone on the planet uses? As much as I would like to deny Windows Phone and Blackberries existences...

Liking this one. I have a compact 6000mah battery with ac charger built in but it fails to deliver. My 7800mah battery from PNY cuts off charging off the 2.1 amp port, though it works over the 1 amp port. Both fail to charge 2 devices of lower power at once as advertised... tough market.

Last edited:
I have a backup battery pack for travels, but I have a load of wall chargers laying around ranging from 800mA to 2.1A.

The 2.1A charger is used regularly...

(Although it still takes over 13hours to charge my 24700mAh pack)

I have a backup battery pack for travels, but I have a load of wall chargers laying around ranging from 800mA to 2.1A.

The 2.1A charger is used regularly...

I got my first li-ion pack 6 years ago in response to my bosses idea that if we cant charge our phones we cant use them at work. But it also replaced a AA powered version that wasn't keeping up with modern devices.

I carry the 2.1 amp charger the tablet came with but I am in search of the one i bought 3 years ago. I ended up buying a surge protector with 2 ports sharing 2.4 amps but sadly while the tablet will work on a 1.2 amp charger all day long, charging on any shared port charger with my phone is an immediate cut off.

My Nexus 5 gives me upwards of 16 hours with 3 hours of screen on but as an LTE modem it dies quickly. The tablet despite LP ram sleeps more like a laptop than a tablet. At work most of my outlets are in the ceiling or are useless to me (208/230v with locking connectors).

I ditched my baytrail powered laptop for a baytrail powered tablet. Since its full desktop windows its does pretty much anything that pos laptop would do. Plus its pocketable:
IMG_20150128_101224.webp

Looks good.

I had to get a new N5 because the battery went caput - got it in warranty though...

Unfortunately the 2.1A output on my external pack is broken, so I have to make do with 1A, which work OK for my N5, but doesn't do a thing for my N7.

Also, the only reason I have a power pack is because of Ingress.

Liam

Top Bottom