XF 2.1 How to target forum and prefix ID in HTML?

Alternadiv

I'm trying to use HTML to put some clickable prefixes in some node descriptions. What would be the proper HTML for that? I tried a few things that wouldn't fully work.

I think I found it:

HTML:
<a class="labelLink" href="?prefix_id=1">
<span class="label label--red">Name of Prefix 1</span></a>

Edit: This shows the prefix, but clicking it isn't a working link. I think it somehow needs to forum ID added to it.

Edit 2: Got it.

HTML:
https://tacoma3g.com/forums/armor-wheels-tires-suspension-gearing.8/?prefix_id[0]=3

Last edited:
I have it running and it looks nice. This is the forum description:
HTML:
Biggest tire on stock suspension? Want to run 35s? How much lift? Do you need to re-gear? Can't decide on bumpers or armor? Answers and related discussions can be found here.<br />
<small><b>FILTER BY:</b></small>
<a class="labelLink" href="/forums/armor-wheels-tires-suspension-gearing.8/?prefix_id[0]=3">
<span class="label label--silver"><small>ARMOR</small></span></a>
<a class="labelLink" href="/forums/armor-wheels-tires-suspension-gearing.8/?prefix_id[0]=1">
<span class="label label--royalBlue"><small>WHEELS/TIRES</small></span></a>
<a class="labelLink" href="/forums/armor-wheels-tires-suspension-gearing.8/?prefix_id[0]=2">
<span class="label label--red"><small>SUSPENSION</small></span></a>
<a class="labelLink" href="/forums/armor-wheels-tires-suspension-gearing.8/?prefix_id[0]=31">
<span class="label label--green"><small>GEARING</small></span></a>

This is what it looks like:
1587415567597.webp
1587415582350.webp

The only issue I see with this is, if you ever change the color or wording of your prefix, you need to manually change it here as well.

@Russ @ozzy47, do you know if there is a way to have it automatically done.

I have it running and it looks nice. This is the forum description:
HTML:
Biggest tire on stock suspension? Want to run 35s? How much lift? Do you need to re-gear? Can't decide on bumpers or armor? Answers and related discussions can be found here.<br />
<small><b>FILTER BY:</b></small>
<a class="labelLink" href="/forums/armor-wheels-tires-suspension-gearing.8/?prefix_id[0]=3">
<span class="label label--silver"><small>ARMOR</small></span></a>
<a class="labelLink" href="/forums/armor-wheels-tires-suspension-gearing.8/?prefix_id[0]=1">
<span class="label label--royalBlue"><small>WHEELS/TIRES</small></span></a>
<a class="labelLink" href="/forums/armor-wheels-tires-suspension-gearing.8/?prefix_id[0]=2">
<span class="label label--red"><small>SUSPENSION</small></span></a>
<a class="labelLink" href="/forums/armor-wheels-tires-suspension-gearing.8/?prefix_id[0]=31">
<span class="label label--green"><small>GEARING</small></span></a>

This is what it looks like:
View attachment 223013
View attachment 223014

The only issue I see with this is, if you ever change the color or wording of your prefix, you need to manually change it here as well.

@Russ @ozzy47, do you know if there is a way to have it automatically done.
This might work:

Top Bottom