How to speedup Mysql using free RAM?

HappyWorld

I have enough free RAM and sometimes i still experience bottle neck in mysql (i use mariadb).
I can confirm that bottle neck is not on web server.

How to speed up mysql query?
What mysql configuration need to be changed? Is it fine to blindly accept recommendation from script such as mysqltuner?

Thanks.

If you have plenty of free RAM - look at your XF caching options as well.

Better to avoid hitting the DB altogether if you can avoid it.

Also - have you considered FPM performance? Your web server may be fine - but if you're running php-fpm, that can also be a bottleneck if not tuned properly - especially if it's frequently spawning new instances as load goes up and down.

If you have plenty of free RAM - look at your XF caching options as well.

Better to avoid hitting the DB altogether if you can avoid it.

Also - have you considered FPM performance? Your web server may be fine - but if you're running php-fpm, that can also be a bottleneck if not tuned properly - especially if it's frequently spawning new instances as load goes up and down.
Thank you, i have used XF cache.
I see most of the slow query is on UPDATE / DELETE query. So i don't think it is cache-able, or am i wrong?

I see most of the slow query is on UPDATE / DELETE query. So i don't think it is cache-able, or am i wrong?
Are all queries that make use of UPDATE / DELETE are slow or just a few? If just a few which queries are those?

I see most of the slow query is on UPDATE / DELETE query.

Hth. :D

Top Bottom