1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 How to show status on any page?

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by Deathstarr, Nov 23, 2013.

1. Deathstarr

Deathstarr Active Member

Is there a way I can code user statuses to show and rotate on any page?

2. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

What exactly do you mean by "show & rotate"? Do you mean online/offline status for ALL your members on all page views? Do you mean just a list of online users? Do you mean their status on their profile?
    A little more specificity is required.

3. Deathstarr

Deathstarr Active Member

Like I wanted to put user(s) 'Status' like when they update their status, on the main page of my forum at the end of breadcrumb, I have the breadcrumb fixed but I can not figure out how to get the username and status to show up.

4. Tracy Perry

For that specific user or for ALL users. That could get to be a lengthy display.

5. Tracy Perry

You could use BD Widget Framework and have it displayed in the sidebar.

6. Deathstarr

Deathstarr Active Member

If you are familiar with digitalpoint, I wanted to make it rotate one users status at a time.

7. Tracy Perry

I'm pretty sure his is a custom coded add-on that he did. You may want to contact him about it and if so, he may be willing to sell you a copy.

8. Tracy Perry

If you are talking about at the top of his site... that looks like a twitter feed.

9. Deathstarr

Deathstarr Active Member

Ya but I am not wanting twitter, I am wanting statuses that they use on the forum.

10. Tracy Perry

As I said... will most likely take a custom add-on. You can post a request here or possibly get with @Chris Deeming, @Liam W, @Nobita.Kun are a few off the top of my head that I can think of.

11. Deathstarr

Deathstarr Active Member

ya just seeing I am sure there is a way Thanks.