XF 2.2 How to set user-specific permission on a certain forum, so that they do not have moderator privileges?.

Traid

Hello, all.

I am wondering if I have done this correct, since I can not see from the user in question's perspective.

I want to make it so a specific user on my forum does not have moderator permissions on a specific subforum, even though their usergroup normally would.

I went into the Node Permissions for the subforum, and I went to Users with Permissions Set section at the bottom. I added the user, and changed all Forum Moderator permissions to No.

Though, since the user is in a usergroup that normally would have permissions to moderator that subforum specifically, would I need to set it to Never instead?

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Never means never. So only use that if you never want them to have that group permission. Also, the main mod duties are not set in the group, they are in the Groups & permissions >> Staff section.

Never means never. So only use that if you never want them to have that group permission. Also, the main mod duties are not set in the group, they are in the Groups & permissions >> Staff section.

Okay, thought so. So since the user-specific moderator permissions for the sub-forum in questions are set to No, they will not have the ability to edit anything in the subforum, even though one of their usergroups has it set to Yes for moderator permissions in that subforum?

Top Bottom