How To Report Possible XF Piracy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthony Parsons

There is a statement made that a known offender who removes developers copyright without permission, has also by chance, removed the XF copyright: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/8wayrun-com-xenutiles-tools.9754/page-9

How do we report such instances for review? Or is this the method? I think they are talking about this forum... not sure: <removed>

May be valid, may not... but 2+2 usually equals 4. Though everyone deserves the benefit of the doubt I guess.

Anthony, I believe what you are all missing is: It is not good behaviour and it is not moral to blame someone by mentioning the website's name before making sure you have the correct information. If you are unsure about something, you should not blame anyone openly. I'm saying these because I checked your profile and you seem to be sensitive about honesty, moral issues etc. But what you are doing and what you are saying is different.

I know the person you are talking about, I suggested him to move to xenforo from vbulletin, and I know he paid for xenforo, he paid for branding fee, and he paid for cometchat, which he is also blamed for using the nulled version in this topic. You may have doubts, you have every right to ask or investigate what to do. But you CANNOT post the website URL if you are not sure. And you CANNOT be sure.

I am also really disappointed with xenforo mods here because they did not protect the privacy of their paying licensed customer until it is too late.

Hi Estranged,

Firstly, I did not blame anyone, and only stated that it need be investigated, secondly, XF and customer privacy has nothing to do with this, as I searched out the people from information in another thread... so blame Google please for removing any privacy, that you believe you have online.

There is no statement, there is clearly a request to check, based on this person HAS removed developers copyright, clearly stated from said link, and HAS again removed copyright, without payment, to a developer on a modification for Xenforo. 2+2 may equal 0, 2+2 usually equals 4 when you have an offender within a specific area.

That is not for me to decide, nor was it above... and clearly passed to XF to handle. Comments such as yours do nothing but cause further issue to things that have already been handled.

Forum administrators do not have a legal obligation to protect privacy of what can be searched and found online via a public search engine.

Can you please show me the google search results of this? Where is it claimed that this user has removed xenforo copyright illegally?

As I said before, you have the right to ask for investigation of the issue, but you shouldn't have put the url in the post. Because you can't know if this user had paid the branding removal fee to xenforo or not.

Can you please show me the google search results of this? Where is it claimed that this user has removed xenforo copyright illegally?

As I said before, you have the right to ask for investigation of the issue, but you shouldn't have put the url in the post. Because you can't know if this user had paid the branding removal fee to xenforo or not.

That's why he mentioned
Possible XF Piracy

He didn't claimed it was pirated anywhere and check the thread he provided in first post which clearly states the person is not following terms of use even for the Add-on's he is using on this site which was confirmed clearly by the Developer . How can one be trusted in that case .

This is to more than one of you:

office_space_kit_mat.webp

Translation, report it and move on. If you see it and know the guy and know he's on the up & up, it'll get known. For right now everyone is in a tizzy for no reason whatsoever.

I'm calling for calm, people!
tongue.png

If you use the word "possible", it means you are not sure. Sharing the url is not a nice thing if you are not sure. That's all I'm saying. I think moderators thought the same and removed the URL from the post. That's it from me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom