How to remove things on the sidebar?

Robust

I want to remove Tag Search and move the Categories thing to the top (after the Media Navigation).

For the Tag Search.... In the ACP, click on the Application tab at the top of the page and click on Gallery Options towards the bottom left column. Next towards the top center click on the Block Options tab. Uncheck Show Tag Cloud and save changes at the bottom.

Good luck!
Nick

Sorry I misunderstood the question. I just looked into it. I tried to comment out the code below in the template xengallery_category_wrapper and it worked for me.

This is what you are looking for in the xengallery_category_wrapper template:
Code:
        <xen:include template="xengallery_media_tag_cloud_wrapper" />

<xen:if is="{$xenOptions.xengalleryShowRecentComments.enabled}">
            <xen:include template="xengallery_recent_comments_block">
                <xen:set var="$limit">{$xenOptions.xengalleryShowRecentComments.limit}</xen:set>
                <xen:set var="$title">{xen:phrase xengallery_recent_comments}</xen:set>
            </xen:include>
        </xen:if>

The code below is how it should look after you comment it out...<xen:comment> </xen:comment>
Code:
        <xen:comment>
        <xen:include template="xengallery_media_tag_cloud_wrapper" />

<xen:if is="{$xenOptions.xengalleryShowRecentComments.enabled}">
            <xen:include template="xengallery_recent_comments_block">
                <xen:set var="$limit">{$xenOptions.xengalleryShowRecentComments.limit}</xen:set>
                <xen:set var="$title">{xen:phrase xengallery_recent_comments}</xen:set>
            </xen:include>
        </xen:if>
        </xen:comment>

This removes it from the sidebar but not the option to add a tag to an image. You will have to keep digging for that one.

Good luck,
Nick

Okay, I'm not sure if there is a UI in the APC to remove the field/option to add tags to an image so if you hear differently please use the UI option. If not, you need to edit the template xengallery_media_edit_fields.

Find the code below and comment it out.
Code:
        <h2 class="textHeading">{xen:phrase xengallery_tag_this_media}</h2>
        <dl class="ctrlUnit fullWidth surplusLabel">

<dt><label for="ctrl_tags">{xen:phrase xengallery_tags}:</label></dt>
            <dd>
                <input type="text" name="tags" id="ctrl_tags" class="Tags tagsInput textCtrl" value="{xen:helper implode, $tagNames, ','}" />
                <p class="explain">{xen:phrase xengallery_tag_this_media_with_some_keywords_explain}</p>
            </dd>
        </dl>

Below is what it should look like after you comment it out.
Code:
        <xen:comment>
        <h2 class="textHeading">{xen:phrase xengallery_tag_this_media}</h2>
        <dl class="ctrlUnit fullWidth surplusLabel">

<dt><label for="ctrl_tags">{xen:phrase xengallery_tags}:</label></dt>
            <dd>
                <input type="text" name="tags" id="ctrl_tags" class="Tags tagsInput textCtrl" value="{xen:helper implode, $tagNames, ','}" />
                <p class="explain">{xen:phrase xengallery_tag_this_media_with_some_keywords_explain}</p>
            </dd>
        </dl>
        </xen:comment>

Top Bottom