XF 2.2 How to remove the text in Post thread button?

Solution
D
Edit Template "forum_view"

find
Code:
    <xf:button href="{{ link('forums/post-thread', $forum) }}" class="button--cta" icon="write" rel="nofollow">
        {{ phrase('post_thread') }}
    </xf:button>

replace
Code:
    <xf:button href="{{ link('forums/post-thread', $forum) }}"  class="button--cta" rel="nofollow">
        <xf:fa icon="fa-edit" />

screen_1661070333.png
Edit Template "forum_view"

find
Code:
    <xf:button href="{{ link('forums/post-thread', $forum) }}" class="button--cta" icon="write" rel="nofollow">
        {{ phrase('post_thread') }}

replace
Code:
    <xf:button href="{{ link('forums/post-thread', $forum) }}"  class="button--cta" rel="nofollow">
        <xf:fa icon="fa-edit" />

screen_1661070333.png

Solution
Screenshot - 2022-11-17T122916.937.webp

I changed mine to Post Topic, I use Topic instead of Thread on the forum

I would like to remove the ... (three dots) on the Post Thread button.

I know it's not in the language file so it has to be on the template.

The button is used in a couple of places and I'm looking to remove the ...

forum_overview_wrapper, change {{ phrase('post_thread...') }} to {{ phrase('post_thread') }}
HTML:
<xf:if is="$xf.visitor.canCreateThread() OR $xf.visitor.canCreateThreadPreReg()">
    <xf:button href="{{ link('forums/create-thread') }}" class="button--cta" icon="write" overlay="true" rel="nofollow">
        {{ phrase('post_thread...') }}
</xf:if>

Kind odd for it to be there in the first place.
This means that there will be an additional action after clicking on the button, in this specific case it will be to choose in which forum to publish your discussion. This is why the ... are not present on the Post thread buttons positioned on the forum pages.

Yes that makes sense now that you mention it.

I removed the button entirely and just put it back today because I am encouraging members to open new topics.
Personally I don't think the ... will be missed and had you not mentioned it to me I would never have put the correlation between that and another step together, nor do I think other members will either. The button looks much tidier on mobile without the three dots.

Top Bottom