1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to remove the navbare

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by aiman.h.kallaf, Mar 25, 2012.

1. aiman.h.kallaf

aiman.h.kallaf Active Member

Greeting to all ,
    i have my own navebare for all my site sections and it is very long

it's between <dive> some horizontal menu using ajax and ccs <dive\>

i want to put it instead of
    Capture.JPG

i hope that it can be done

2. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Admin CP -> Appearance -> Templates -> EXTRA.css

Add this code to remove both rows of breadcrumbs:

Code:
    .breadBoxTop, .breadBoxBottom
    {
    	display: none;
    }

aiman.h.kallaf likes this.
  3. aiman.h.kallaf

thank you very much , but i want to put my own menu bare at the very top of the forum using the .extra style

Capture.JPG

4. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

I'm sure I haven't read this correctly and unsure whether this would be the correct method in going about doing such things but adding the following to extra.css

Code:
    .navTabs  {
    display: none !important;
    }

ps. you may not need to add !important. I'm quite sure i read your request incorrectly and jake or brogan will venture in to correct that.

5. aiman.h.kallaf

actually it is part of what i want , the NavTabs is been removed successfully . now I'm wondering how or where can i add my own custom menu bare

6. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

I'd assume the navigation template is the place you want to start looking at.

7. aiman.h.kallaf

it does what i want it to do , but the make new post link is gone and it will only apeare at the end of the forum , can i make the only thing that show in the breadboxTop is the make new post or thread

8. aiman.h.kallaf

9. EQnoble

EQnoble Well-Known Member

try this instead
    Code:
    .breadBoxTop .breadcrumb, .breadBoxBottom {

}

to insert something where the top breadcrumb is use the 'page_container_breadcrumb_top' template hook

create a listener for it and use that listener to create a template when it comes across that hook.

create a template where you will put your navigation code that will get placed anywhere the top breadcrumb would have been

the following is just that already done for you...all you need do is upload the contents of the UPLOAD folder to your forum root, install from xml and then edit the kallaf_header template that this addon created...it is where you will add the navigation unit of yours.

Attached Files:

10. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Code:
    .breadBoxTop nav, .breadBoxBottom
    {
    }