XF 1.4 How to remove the link to google maps in the member cards?

rafass

I want to get rid that link to google maps. is useless. how can I remove it?
I mean, remove the link to google maps, but show the info of the location.
Thanks.

Edit the member_view template and remove the href.

Edit: That only works for the sidebar location, the one at the top is done with code which can't be edited.

Do you mind tell me exactly the part of the code that I have to remove in member_view?
I've removed the href of the location but the link is still there

The same applies - it is injected via a function in code.

You would have to remove the entire div.

Code:
<div class="userBlurb">{xen:helper userBlurb, $user, 0}</div>

You can't remove it for the link at the top of the profile page - it is injected via a function.
So it is impossible remove that link to google maps?
That link is really useless, first, why I'm interested in have a external link to google maps¿?
second, some users fill eg location: "whatever hahaha", so that link bring me to google maps and find "whatever haha" location...
Really very useless. I would like to delete that link. Really appreciate some help to do this.
Thanks.

I'm not sure what it is you're doing.

The member card and profile page are two different templates - member_card and member_view.

The FAQ in my signature explains how to identify the template name.

now removing <div class="userBlurb">{xen:helper userBlurb, $user, 0}</div>
from member_card template
Remove the location and everything. I just would like to remove the link to google maps, without remove the location.
Not luck yet, appreciate some help.

I have already explained several times.

Edit: That only works for the sidebar location, the one at the top is done with code which can't be edited.
You can't remove it for the link at the top of the profile page - it is injected via a function.
The same applies - it is injected via a function in code.

You would have to remove the entire div.

Code:
<div class="userBlurb">{xen:helper userBlurb, $user, 0}</div>

I have already explained several times.
I appreciate your help, but sorry, I can not understand and your replies are confusing and don't solve anything.
templates:
member_card
member_view

ok, but there are not the way to remove the href to google maps. it's all I want.
I appreciate any help, thank you for the patience.

Brogan, as I said, I really appreciate your help and your work, but your replies don't solve anything about my simple question.
It's not possible without editing the PHP code.
The clear reply is:
"no, I don't know how to delete that href"
--
Xenforo is a great product, but sometimes simple things like this are very difficult. I can't get rid a simple href...
ok, if someone know to solve it I'll be willing to pay some $ via paypal.
Thanks.

The clear reply is:
"no, I don't know how to delete that href"
No, that is not the correct reply.
That may be true for you, but I do know how to remove it, by editing the PHP code.

To do it properly would require an add-on.

The other way would be to create an entirely new div in the template using the various params such as $user.gender, $user.location, etc.

Unfortunately I don't know how to develop that addon neither how to create that new div in the template.
and you will not give me the addon neither the new div.
I've posted the suggestion but I'm not optimistic with that.
I'll have to accept that links to google maps in the member cards
I really never thought it was going to be so complicated get rid a simple href.

why I'm interested in have a external link to google maps¿?
second, some users fill eg location: "whatever hahaha"

If you'd like a few thoughts from another XenForo user, here you go..

Firstly, I like the link to a map showing where a member is located. Just seeing Riverside, CA or whatever can be meaningless to some but when they click on it and see where in the World it is it can be quite meaningful. So, I think it can be a helpful tool for you and your members.

All systems get the odd clown who shows no respect for the system and ignores simple questions like location and puts in rubbish. I totally understand your point about how bad that then looks as a link. You can I think remove all those links by simply deleting the childish entry....try it - I think it actually removes the links totally.

It might be worth stopping asking for location info if you actually don't enforce it being used properly.

On my system if I do have this problem I may delete it or I may change it to just show the country putting UK or whatever in place of the trash. Of course with most folks not answering the few registration questions and so not showing any respect for the system means being thrown out anyway.

I've never looked to change this system behaviour by editing it out of the PHP code so can't say a lot about that. When I do such things I simply use TextPad and search all files in XenForo for what it is I want to alter. It isn't a great way to do things though.

I am surprised if the option at Home > Options > External Service Providers doesn't control all of this, I have never changed what is there to see what that option actually changes.

It of course says:

location.GIF

I hope the thoughts are in some way helpful, please just ignore them if they aren't.

Steve

Top Bottom