1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 How to remove index page date of last message

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by doorfix3r, Jul 13, 2015.

1. doorfix3r

doorfix3r Member

Hello, i'm a new member of xenforo community and i want to make a small customisation to my forum. I would like to remove the date of the last post of forum in index page, see the image below. Thanks for help.
  2. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

Template: node_forum_level_2

Find this and remove everything in red:

<span class="lastThreadMeta">
        <span class="lastThreadUser"><xen:if is="{xen:helper isIgnored, $forum.last_post_user_id}">{xen:phrase ignored_member}<xen:else /><xen:username user="$forum.lastPost" /></xen:if>,</span>
        <xen:datetime time="$forum.lastPost.date" class="muted lastThreadDate" data-latest="{xen:phrase latest}: " />
  3. doorfix3r

doorfix3r Member

Yes, it deleted from second level pages, but i would like to delete from index page too
  4. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

That should have been for the forum list. I tested it.

In any case, perform the same edits to the node_category_level_2 template.
    doorfix3r likes this.
  5. doorfix3r

doorfix3r Member

thanks, it worked :)
    Amaury likes this.
  6. adwade

adwade Active Member

Sort-of along these lines, how could you make the LastThreadDate a bit more visible on the forum index page? Is there something that can be added to the EXTRA.css to have it show up better?

Something like this perhaps...
    .forum-index-page-template .lastThreadDate
    color: black;
  7. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

That one's a bit tricky because it gets its styling from the Body style property, so it will need some extra specificity to target only that. While you could change that style properly, that would change other things as well, though you could try to work a balance if that wouldn't be a problem for you.

Otherwise, have a look at this awesome resource from @Brogan: https://xenforo.com/community/resources/how-to.4390/