XF 1.3 how to remove Home Page section from xenforo

garry420

I want to remove Home Page section from my forum. is there a simple way to do it ?

next question, i haven't upgraded my forum to XenForo 1.4.4 , do i need to pay since my getting updates option have expired but i was eligible to get it since update came on january .

regards

There is no home page in the core software.
If you want to remove the Home tab from the navigation, empty the Home Page URL field.

You can download the latest version prior to your support and upgrades expiring.

Edit the member_view template and comment out or delete this block of code:
Code:
<xen:if is="{$user.homepage}">
    <dl><dt>{xen:phrase home_page}:</dt>
        <dd><a href="{xen:string censor, $user.homepage, 'x'}" rel="nofollow" target="_blank" itemprop="url">{xen:string censor, $user.homepage}</a></dd></dl>
</xen:if>

Edit the member_view template and comment out or delete this block of code:
Code:
<xen:if is="{$user.homepage}">
        <dd><a href="{xen:string censor, $user.homepage, 'x'}" rel="nofollow" target="_blank" itemprop="url">{xen:string censor, $user.homepage}</a></dd></dl>
is this right ? if yes i will replace it
<! <xen:if is="{$user.homepage}">
</xen:if>>

It would be better if we could just remove it from the form & keep it from ever being entered in the first place.

The spam in this field has become a royal pain multiplied by numerous forums.

But that did get me thinking -- tried commenting out this piece of code in template "member_edit":

<xen:comment>
<xen:if is="{$userCanEditProfile} OR {$user.homepage}">
<dl class="ctrlUnit">
<dt>{xen:phrase home_page}:</dt>
<dd><input type="url" name="homepage" value="{$user.homepage}" class="textCtrl" /></dd>
</dl>
</xen:comment>

Will see if it puts an end to the home page spam.

There is no home page in the core software.
If you want to remove the Home tab from the navigation, empty the Home Page URL field.

You can download the latest version prior to your support and upgrades expiring.
My upgrades have expired but i did not install upgrade for which i was eligible . can i do it now ?

Unfortunately I have no idea what you are trying to say.

All the versions available to you can be downloaded from your customer area.

Editing "member_edit" wasn't sufficient. I received more home-page spam overnight.

So I searched for & commented out all references to home page, which results in 5 template edits:

account_personal_details
news_feed_item_user_homepage
message_user_info
member_edit
member_view​

That was 9 days ago -- no home-page spam since.

I'll turn it into an add-on as soon as I have time, need to get one of my lightly-loaded not-really-used forums up to 1.4.6 first (above was done on an
active forum still on 1.4.0 Beta 2).

Top Bottom