XF 2.2 How To Rearrange PDF Attachments

biafraland

Hello,

Is there any way to re-arrange attached PDF files or overwrite an existing one with a new file?

For example, chapter 1, chapter 2, chapter 3, and Chapter 4 of a PDF document have been attached before. You now realized there's an error with chapter 2 and wish to change it with a new upload. What's the best way to overwrite chapter 2 with the new file? Or is there any way to enable the ability to drag and drop the new upload (that normally seats at the end) to the position you want it to be?

Note: I don't mind installing an additional add-on, editing a line of code, or uploading the new attachment via FTP, as long as it will replace the old file in that position it's already occupying.

Attachments

• rearrange attachments.webp
    rearrange attachments.webp
    13.8 KB · Views: 9
There is no way to do that and I don't know of any addons which can do that.

I have 70k+ PDF attachments and I have this issue all the time. The only thing you can do is to download them all and re-upload them.

Attachments are displayed in the order they are uploaded - there is nothing built in which will allow them to be rearranged.
Please is there any quick way (or code edit) to remove this icon for uploaded PDF files, leaving the other items (such as title, views, etc.) intact?

Attachments

• remove this.webp
    remove this.webp
    5.9 KB · Views: 7
Top Bottom