XF 1.5 How to read and understand a XF server error

Ludachris

I've been using XF for almost 5 years now and I don't know how to read and understand a server error in the XF admin panel. I did a quick search to see if it was explained anywhere but couldn't find it. I'm getting an error that is most likely due to a conflict between add-ons, but I'm thinking that if I understood the trace better I might be able to track down which one is causing the issue so I can contact the developer. How would I read this error:
Undefined property: XenForo_ControllerResponse_Redirect::$params

1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in YouTube/ControllerPublic/Thread.php at line 11
  2. YouTube_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionIndex() in Andy/ThreadStarter/ControllerPublic/Thread.php at line 8
  3. Andy_ThreadStarter_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionIndex() in Andy/History/ControllerPublic/Thread.php at line 12
  4. Andy_History_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionIndex() in CTA/FeaturedThreads/ControllerPublic/Thread.php at line 560
  5. CTA_FeaturedThreads_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionIndex() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 369
  6. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 152
  7. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/site/public_html/index.php at line 19
Errors all seem to have the same number of lines. Sometimes they reference add-ons, sometimes they reference core files, usually they reference both.

Thanks in advance.

He was not making fun out of you.
So, join me and let´s call him to action:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

"BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOO-GAAAAAAAAAN" ;)
Oh I knew what he meant... I love the old school Brogan guides. I'm surprised there isn't one for this already, though I'm betting it's because understanding errors might not be that straight forward.

Top Bottom