XF 1.5 How to prompt members for more descriptive thread titles?

ibrian

I'm sure I've seen on other xf forums, not least at Digitalpoint, where when a new user posts, they are prompted to provide a properly descriptive title.

So instead of automatically starting a thread called "Help please" they are invited to reconsider and might post something a little more useful for reference, such as "Help with Sony plasma HDTV sound please".

I had a look in the resources and here, but "title" and "thread" are so common that if there is anything it's easily drowned out.

Any pointers would be very welcome. :)

Four years late, but here's an answer.

Thread prompts have been available now since version 2.0 so the user sees a greyed out maessage in the title filed before composing the title.

Before that I would sometimes use a notice that appears only on the thread create (Content template = forum_post_thread)

It's actually a good idea also to show a new user some rules. I have my permissions set up so they have to post in the Introductions forum first. Fields could be useful here as I was looking at a few other solutions like the thread auto-reply, and the force to read a thread add-on. Thanks.

Top Bottom