1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to print the forum title an meta title in my forum view page and forum edit page

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by Anoop, Jun 15, 2013.

1. Anoop

Anoop New Member

I have an article addon created for my website. On my create new article form we have added seo title seo keywords and seo description. On article view page i have to show seo title as meta title and seo description as meta description and seo keywords as meta keywords in all other pages i have another set of meta tags only these pages i have this requirement. Please help me to implement this.
  2. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Find the content template of the page:

Then edit that content template and set appropriate container vars for your meta information. Example code can be seen in this template:

Admin CP -> Appearance -> Templates -> forum_list

For the <title> tag:

<xen:title>TITLE HERE</xen:title>
    And for any meta tag or other tags in the <head> area, just specify a unique array index (description), and then the actual meta tag to be inserted into the <head> area:

<xen:container var="$head.description">
    	<meta name="description" content="{$xenOptions.boardDescription}" />
    The above code can be used to specify meta keywords too, but those have no SEO value because search engines (most notably Google) don't use them anymore.
    Anoop likes this.
  3. Anoop

Anoop New Member

Oh that worked that worked than you very much. Meanwhile is there any tutorial which is saying all these shortcuts like thse?
  4. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member