How to offer an eBook / eGuide as a 'lead magnet' for signups

Hi guys... I'm in the process of creating an eBook as a way to incentivise new members to sign up to my forum.

My question is around what the best way would be to create a 'landing page' that explains the benefits of the ebook are and why they should join the forum, etc..

I'd like to set things up so that the eBook download is behind a registration wall... so in other words, users need to create a forum account and then I provide them with a download link for the ebook, either via email or on the forum itself.

I want to be able to customise the look and feel of the landing page and a/b test it because I plan to run a bit of paid traffic to it.

Has anyone done anything like this before? Rather than trying to work within Xenforo would I be better off creating a standalone landing page and integrating the sign up functions with the xenforo user creation api somehow?

Thanks guys.

Use a page node.

Attach the ebook to a thread and ensure guests don't have permission to view attachments.

The principle is the same for XF2.

A page node is essentially a blank template which you can customise as you wish.

Thanks... Is it possible to embed register with google / login with fb buttons on there? Or would I just place a link to the /register/ page?

Top Bottom