XF 1.1 How to move mass users into respective groups?

Carlos

So, I recently moved a Halo site called EverythingHalo to xenForo. In that import, I imported everything as is. Originally, the site had a M.I.A group. I deleted the group because I saw no need for it.

How do I move most of the users into their post count class?

The thing is, the old site had a lot of ranks ranging from Recruit, to Brute, to Master Chief. I noticed that some users went back into normal members group, so how do I make xenForo move those users into their post count class?

Examples:

Recruit = 100 posts
Master Chief = 1,000 posts

Does rebuild caches solve this problem, or is there something I need to look at?

If you still want the old setup with post based ranks, you need to setup a ton of groups and user group promotions. As Jake suggested, use trophies instead, and trophy user titles, and configure your trophies as you like. Then you can reward your members based on site participation, rather than pure post count.

When you have it set up, xF will probably apply the new rank when they sign up or after the cron job is run, depending on when they last signed in.

Then you need to set up the user group promotions. If they are present as well, xF should move the users into the new usergroups when the cron is run. If I am not mistaken, it checks users logged in the last 3 days every time it is run, and it is not applied until the user logs on.

Top Bottom