How to move a users post..

Okay so I have a forum that goes like this:

Home>Forum>Minecraft>Request(Residency/Town/Moderator)

Inside the Request Residency users are posting there own request threads. I want to take what they post and put them inside a "Stickie" thread I've made so that everyone's request goes into that one. How do I move it and make it look like the user posted it inside the proper thread and also how can I lock the parent (Request Residency) section so that people can't post threads inside of it.

You can merge threads by selecting the check boxes in the thread list. A menu will pop up with the option to merge the selected threads:

Screen shot 2011-07-17 at 4.07.39 PM.webp

Then you can edit the node permissions to restrict posting new threads. You can still allow people to reply to threads if you wish:

Admin CP -> Users -> Node Permissions -> [click a forum] -> [click a group]

Screen shot 2011-07-17 at 4.11.01 PM.webp

You can merge threads by selecting the check boxes in the thread list. A menu will pop up with the option to merge the selected threads:

View attachment 17009

Then you can edit the node permissions to restrict posting new threads. You can still allow people to reply to threads if you wish:

Admin CP -> Users -> Node Permissions -> [click a forum] -> [click a group]

View attachment 17010

Awesome help man.. thank you so much! Just one thing..

The merge.. can I take a thread people started and pull the data and insert it into the official thread I have stickied like they posted inside of it and not me moving it showing I posted it.

Top Bottom