1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to move a users post..

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Andrew Callander, Jul 17, 2011.

1. Okay so I have a forum that goes like this:

Inside the Request Residency users are posting there own request threads. I want to take what they post and put them inside a "Stickie" thread I've made so that everyone's request goes into that one. How do I move it and make it look like the user posted it inside the proper thread and also how can I lock the parent (Request Residency) section so that people can't post threads inside of it.
  2. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

You can merge threads by selecting the check boxes in the thread list. A menu will pop up with the option to merge the selected threads:

Screen shot 2011-07-17 at 4.07.39 PM.png

Then you can edit the node permissions to restrict posting new threads. You can still allow people to reply to threads if you wish:

Admin CP -> Users -> Node Permissions -> [click a forum] -> [click a group]

Screen shot 2011-07-17 at 4.11.01 PM.png
    Andrew Callander likes this.
  3. Awesome help man.. thank you so much! Just one thing..

The merge.. can I take a thread people started and pull the data and insert it into the official thread I have stickied like they posted inside of it and not me moving it showing I posted it.
  4. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

The merge will combine the posts from multiple threads into one thread.