How to make money, if ads/banners will disappear...

Status
Not open for further replies.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I've always thought that if ads are going to be blocked, and you can't weasel ads through by morphing them into content ("sponsored posts" etc), then ask the question "why were they paying me for the ads in the first place?". As we know, the more targeted an ad, the more valuable it is, because that narrows the gap between attention and purchase.

So what could be more targeted, more narrow a gap, than cutting out the middle man and selling directly, or indirectly via affiliate or private ad sales direct with the product seller? I don't know how smart those ad blockers are, but I'm guessing they're relying on common patterns and markers that ad networks tend to produce more of. They can't block everyone doing ads their own way surely.

you need recurring income. one time small fee does not sustain an online community that has very little ad revenue.

you need recurring income. one time small fee does not sustain an online community that has very little ad revenue.
Not only that but members will be just going somewhere else for their needs. In my opinion you would need to "reel em in" then at a precise timing then get them to pay up. Which is very unlikely at registration time to say the least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom