How to make a XenForo forum private (no guest access)

How to make a XenForo forum private (no guest access)

Sim

Sim submitted a new resource:

How to make a XenForo forum private (no guest access) - Detailed instructions on how to make a site private with no guest access to content

I run several private websites where you must be a registered and approved member to view the forum content and post. There are several approaches for setting up a site for private use - the purpose of this tutorial is to explain the differences and describe my preferred approach.

The example I will use for this is the REBAA member forums I run for the Real Estate Buyers Agents Association of Australia - a not-for-profit industry association. The forums are for current members to share and...

Read more about this resource...

Note - I have updated some of the instructions in this tutorial to also hide menu items and widgets from users without a valid user_state to ensure that users who have registered but aren't yet approved can't see these items.

The Private Site addon has also been updated to hide the What's New and New Posts buttons from users without a valid user_state.

Do you know how to make it so the new posts widget shows the new threads in the forums for the guests but not the content if they click on them?

Top Bottom