1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 How To Identify Outdated Style Properties

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by ibnesayeed, Jul 1, 2013.

1. ibnesayeed

ibnesayeed Well-Known Member

Is there a way to know if any of the customized style properties has been changed in the core?

Recently I was testing an upgrade to 1.2 beta 3 and found an issue that the quote expansion message "Click to expand..." was positioned below upper breadcrumb. After some debugging I found that "BB Code Elements > BB Code Quote Message" style property has been updated and has extra "position: relative;" bits. But I had customized this property hence I was not getting the new bits.
  2. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

Go to Outdated Templates and you'll find customized style properties
    ibnesayeed and Shelley like this.
  3. Steve F

Steve F Well-Known Member

Customized Components will show what properties you have customized but it will not show if they are outdated, properties do not have a "version" tied to them like templates do.
    RoldanLT, ibnesayeed and Shelley like this.
  4. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

Yeah, that list can get rather long if you are customising things in SP. I've never found it terribly useful myself but it's a good indicator what your customised but like @Qwk86gn mentioned, it won't show outdated templates.
    ibnesayeed likes this.
  5. ibnesayeed

Thanks for the response but my issue is well described by @Qwk86gn and @Shelley above. :)
  6. ibnesayeed

You mean style properties, right? :)
  7. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

8. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

As has already been posted, Style Properties don't have versions so tracking updated and outdated elements is difficult.

I too encountered the same issue with customised SPs not being updated, specifically BB Code.
    I actually went through every single SP on my own style to see what has changed since I customised them in 1.0.0.

A full list of changed SPs from 1.1.5 to 1.2.0 will be published once the stable version is released.
    ARSamo, ibnesayeed and Jeremy like this.
  9. ibnesayeed

That will be fantastic. :)