How to Get My Demo Settings Again?

Hi,

I have created a demo and tested a few things. But then due to holidays, I couldn't continue with that. Today when I tried to login on that demo account, I was not able to log in.

Though I can find an option to create a new DEMO, but I wanted to know is there any way I can start from where I left? I don't want to make all the settings again to continue my testing.

Thanks.

Okay, I have created a new demo.

I have created two new boards. and 1 forum in each board. (Board mean category).

Then I have created 3 users. I want to set permissions for the new users that:
their post needs approval from the admin until they have 5 posts.
or...
Auto approval each new post, even the first post. But if any user posts a link/URL then it should be held for moderation.

How can I do both the tasks.

Thank you for the reply. But I am an SMF user and Xenforo is totally different from that. I am not that much expert as well in these things. For now, I totally don't know what are the resources? I am looking everything from the SMF point of view. Can I say that resources are just like "MODS" which we use in SMF, or plugins which we use in WordPress?

Okay, I have created a new demo.

I have created two new boards. and 1 forum in each board. (Board mean category).

Then I have created 3 users. I want to set permissions for the new users that:
their post needs approval from the admin until they have 5 posts.
or...
Auto approval each new post, even the first post. But if any user posts a link/URL then it should be held for moderation.

How can I do both the tasks.

Any response on this, please?

We can confirm that there are features within the software that will allow you to do both things you mention. For example there are node permissions to control content approval, and there is user promotion criteria so that only applies for 5 posts. In addition there are spam controls which can be used to detect certain text or phrases within content which can then unapprove that content until approve.

However, we can't provide support on the specifics of setting up those things as specific support can only be provided to licensed customers.

We can confirm that there are features within the software that will allow you to do both things you mention. For example there are node permissions to control content approval, and there is user promotion criteria so that only applies for 5 posts. In addition there are spam controls which can be used to detect certain text or phrases within content which can then unapprove that content until approve.

However, we can't provide support on the specifics of setting up those things as specific support can only be provided to licensed customers.
Thank you, Chris, I hope these points will help me... Well, I get another response in detail, but I think because of forum policy moderator has deleted that reply. I have that reply copy in my email...

Yes, that message, and your previous message is helping me and I have done what I wanted to do. Thanks again.

BTW, is there anything like "Mark as Answered"??? Like on many forums we have an option to mark any thread as the best answer, or to mark the complete thread as "Resolved".

Top Bottom