XF 2.2 How to enable spacing?

LaylaAlder

My forum is based on roleplaying, and a part of that is posting our character sheets. In order to facilitate this, I'm trying to enable to the use of Tab Characters and stop the forum from removing spaces so that people can space their profiles out to make them look good and to enable things like ASCII tables for those who use them. Where can I find the option to disable removing excess spaces and tabs, and/or do I have to use an addon to enable this?

Where is it you're wanting this spaced out text? Directly in the memberHeader-blurb of the profile, or as a custom user field in the about tab?

If it's in the about tab you can add a custom field as a rich text box which would allow your users to create tables and format it the same way a normal post would be.

Another kind of crazy idea if you really wanted to make it looks stylized would be to use the resource manager as a way for users to manage their characters. That way on the users end they can just input the field values for the character.

Last edited:
Where is it you're wanting this spaced out text? Directly in the memberHeader-blurb of the profile, or as a custom user field in the about tab?

If it's in the about tab you can add a custom field as a rich text box which would allow your users to create tables and format it the same way a normal post would be.

Another kind of crazy idea if you really wanted to make it looks stylized would be to use the resource manager as a way for users to manage their characters. That way on the users end they can just input the field values for the character.
In the actual post. When we put too many spaces, the software will automatically remove the excess spaces, and the tab doesn't work to line things up. For example:

Race: Lagmora
Height: 5' 10"

Training: Melee
Theme: Divine
Role: Protector

We can't have a clean line because tab characters don't work, and we often have to fight with the software to get things to line up. Sometimes it just removes the extra spaces anyways.

Edit: Like it did just now when I tried to demonstrate.

In the actual post. When we put too many spaces, the software will automatically remove the excess spaces, and the tab doesn't work to line things up. For example:

Race: Lagmora
Height: 5' 10"

Training: Melee
Theme: Divine
Role: Protector

We can't have a clean line because tab characters don't work, and we often have to fight with the software to get things to line up. Sometimes it just removes the extra spaces anyways.

Edit: Like it did just now when I tried to demonstrate.
The problem is the editor. You need something with rulers in order to define tabs.

You can of course do this with tables and style the table to suit. It can be invisible if the borders are same colour as background or maybe transparent?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom