XF 2.2 How to embed code

Alvin63

I have an interactive calendar and want to embed on a page (either a node page or an articles page). I have the embed code but not quite sure what to do with it! There is an embed section at the top of a thread post but if I paste the embed code into that and submit it just pastes the embed code into a kind of quote box and doesn't embed the calendar page as such. I assume I'm doing it in the wrong place. Any suggestions please?

I don't think it's possible to embed videos. For the interactive calendar, I was given code to embed and did it via ACP - Content - BBcode - Custom BB codes. Inserted the code there. Worked a treat. I think I had to refresh a couple of times.

Suggestion from Mr Lucky was to add the code - give it a tag/name (lower case). Give it a title (same word but capitalised first letter). Paste the HTML where it says HTML replacement. Go to advanced options at the bottom and tick "Display HTML replacement when empty". Go to post and put [tagname] [/tagname]. In my case the tagname was advent. I think that's when it took a few minutes and a refresh.

Hope Mr Lucky doesn't mind me passing that info on from him :)

Suggestion from Mr Lucky was to add the code - give it a tag/name (lower case). Give it a title (same word but capitalised first letter). Paste the HTML where it says HTML replacement. Go to advanced options at the bottom and tick "Display HTML replacement when empty". Go to post and put [tagname] [/tagname]. In my case the tagname was advent. I think that's when it took a few minutes and a refresh.

Hope Mr Lucky doesn't mind me passing that info on from him :)
Thanks man I’ll try it out🍻

Top Bottom