XF 1.2 How to display category description as text below category title?

planetzu

Hello,

Currently when a user places his/her cursor over the 'Category Title' the 'Category Description' is displayed. Is there a way to display this description in text format right below the 'Category Title' so the users are able to see the Description without having to place their cursor on the Title?

For example:

Styling and Customization Questions
If you are trying to customize the look and feel of xenforo forum post here
Discussions: 2,000 Messages: 17,000

Would this be possible to achieve?

Hello,

Currently when a user places his/her cursor over the 'Category Title' the 'Category Description' is displayed. Is there a way to display this description in text format right below the 'Category Title' so the users are able to see the Description without having to place their cursor on the Title?

For example:

Styling and Customization Questions
If you are trying to customize the look and feel of xenforo forum post here
Discussions: 2,000 Messages: 17,000

Would this be possible to achieve?
Yes, and it's built in.
Go into your ACP -> Style Properties -> Forum/NodeList for your style and click off the box for Enable Forum Description Tooltips and then update the style settings.

Well, something isn't working right.

I get the tooltips for forum descriptions, so that is working fine. Yet for categories, I do not get tooltips. Instead, I get the description below the category, which I do not want.

Wrong setting somewhere else? I've had to delete category descriptions until we figure out how to do this.

Well, something isn't working right.

I get the tooltips for forum descriptions, so that is working fine. Yet for categories, I do not get tooltips. Instead, I get the description below the category, which I do not want.

Wrong setting somewhere else? I've had to delete category descriptions until we figure out how to do this.
Stock style or a paid one?

That could be. For now I just deleted the descriptions--they are not really necessary here, but I thought it would be nice to offer up tooltips to help new members find their way around.

Top Bottom