XF 1.4 How to disable WYSIWYG?

It is referred to as the rich text editor.

Why would you want to disable it for all users?
That won't prevent them using bb code.

No, I don't want to completely disable it. I want it like vBulletin, where an admin can set it so that the WYSIWYG editor can be set to off for all users, but they can individually turn it on if they want to.

I don't want to prevent anyone from using BBcode. A WYSIWYG editor and BBcode are not the same thing.

Why don't you want them using the rich text editor by default if you're going to allow thrm the option to switch it on? I don't understand the reasoning behind this.

So you don't understand that a "rich text editor" and a "wysiwyg rich text editor" are not the same thing?

I don't want to disable the rich text editor, just the wysiwyg aspect of it. You could do this in vbulletin, but it looks like xenforo doesnt understand the difference... :/

You weren't clear in your explanation, often people use WYSIWYG to refer to the rich text editor.

You still haven't explained why, apart from 'it can be done in vbulletin'.

Because I prefer to format my posts manually (by typing the BBcodes myself).

I don't understand why there is no option to keep the rich-text editor but disable WYSIWYG. And also no options to control such settings globally.

Because I prefer to format my posts manually (by typing the BBcodes myself).
That doesn't necessarily mean your members prefer doing that.
Regardless, you can still manually type the bb code if you wish, even with the RTE.

And also no options to control such settings globally.
I suspect most administrators just expect their members to configure their settings as they wish and I don't believe anyone else has asked for it to be globally disabled so it's not a feature which has any demand.

I suspect most administrators just expect their members to configure their settings as they wish.
Yes, that's what I want them to do...
By default I want rich text editor ON, and wysiwyg OFF (but they can turn it on if they wish).

But as it stands the only options are WYSIYG rich text editor on or no rich text editor at all (with no global settings at all).

Top Bottom