How to delete users and all content they've submitted?

Forumer

Hi everyone,

While I wasn't paying attention, a forum I put up but hadn't launched yet was somehow inundated with spam users and spam threads. I see the option to delete users in the Admin CP, but I don't see anywhere I can select to delete everything they've posted (threads, private messages, profile messages, etc.)

Can somebody please tell me the easiest way to remove any evidence of a user's existence? Is there a way to do it for multiple users at the same time?

Also, I'm shocked that some random spammers from who knows where guessed the answer to the registration question that only a subject matter expert should know. Are spammers somehow bypassing the human verification question, or if they successfully registered does that mean somebody actually went and researched the answer to the question?

Thanks so much for your help!

Can somebody please tell me the easiest way to remove any evidence of a user's existence?
The spam cleaner is intended for this use case.

Also, I'm shocked that some random spammers from who knows where guessed the answer to the registration question that only a subject matter expert should know.
I suspect the answer(s) are readily available via a quick search.

I just posed a similar topic. I guess I could of watched your post. I deleted my 300 or so messages posted one at a time using the SPAM
cleaner as Brogan suggested. Half hour here. Half hour there. It wasn't that bad. While I was doing that, I was adding phrases or words
from the SPAM to the spam phrases list in the spam management section.

It seems to delete someone, in users, you have to click on the red X then delete. I wish it came back to the same screen rather then requiring another
click on users again to get the list back up. That's 1/3 more mouse clicks and increases the chances of a headache. :)

Thanks for your replies, Brogan and Thordacci. Should I see a "spam" button somewhere in a thread as the administrator? I can't seem to find the spam cleaner anywhere. Can you please point me in the right direction? Thank you!

Top Bottom