How to deal with elderly relative insults ?

Stranger things

I'm currently in class 10 preparing for my o levels . My 8th and 9th grade results were not good enough . But I know I can bounce back if I study a bit . Recently my 9 th grade results came out which was not very good . My mom told his brother about this and he said really harsh words about me , saying I'm wasting all my parent's money and I will fail the o levels 2-3 times . He said previously as well that I'm a disgrace and capable of achieving nothing in the future . I don't know how to react to this , specially being so young to actually go through this .

weird that someone would join this forum, and that being the first thing posted by them.... Anyway if you are genuine:
- use it as motivation. At the end of the day, they are simply words. Let your actions talk louder than words. Dont let it get to you. You have two options right now. Either let it hamper you and make you less motivated, or to use that as fire to fuel your motivation to do what you need to do.

I'm currently in class 10 preparing for my o levels . My 8th and 9th grade results were not good enough . But I know I can bounce back if I study a bit . Recently my 9 th grade results came out which was not very good . My mom told his brother about this and he said really harsh words about me , saying I'm wasting all my parent's money and I will fail the o levels 2-3 times . He said previously as well that I'm a disgrace and capable of achieving nothing in the future . I don't know how to react to this , specially being so young to actually go through this .
A lot of the most successful people in the world share this sort of story. Prove them wrong.

If you have your parents and family abusing you do the same to them whenever they struggle with stuff they can't do just to see how they feel about being abused over things you struggle with.
If you need a tutor ask your folks. If they say no then tell them you aren't going to go back to school until they grow up a bit and stop abusing you because of your grades.

Prove them wrong and show them what you are really capable of. That would be the best comeback. Do not retaliate to their comments, it's not worth it.

Well buddy I have been through this and came out strong. Take this as a challenge and don't get bogged down by the nasty comments. Every individual in this world is characteristically different from each other. So growth and success is not dependent on age but on time and that time can change anytime. For some its early and for some its late. My friend you are young and you have a lot to see in this world. Getting good grades will never define who you are!

Top Bottom