XF 2.0 How to customize the new posts/threads widget

JoyFreak

I am trying to customize the new posts and new threads widget, but did not want to make the customization in the default thread_list_macros template. How else what I do this?

Hello ozzy

Because these templates calls the thread_list_macros to display the new posts and threads and if you customize it the modifications are displayed in forum pages too...
Exactly.

It’s literally been frustrating me. I’ve tried many ways to approach this and seems the only way is to create an addon.

i have been trying to clean up the new threads widget to get something like the screenshot in #10 (just title without meta data) but i don't really understand how to achieve it. i tried cleaning up codes that related to meta data in that widget but it didn't work. would be helpful if someone can guide me how to go ahead with it. i tried using css to hide that bit but as mentioned above, it also hid the data in other parts of the forum.

i have been trying to clean up the new threads widget to get something like the screenshot in #10 (just title without meta data) but i don't really understand how to achieve it. i tried cleaning up codes that related to meta data in that widget but it didn't work. would be helpful if someone can guide me how to go ahead with it. i tried using css to hide that bit but as mentioned above, it also hid the data in other parts of the forum.
Wrap the css part in the widget meta ID to target that widget and not other parts of the forum.

yeah thought about that. but i think the method suggested above is better as you are not hiding text but completely removing it. is it doable? your confirmation above suggests that you were able to create a custom widget and use it! thanks.

Just used this...

Code:
[data-widget-key="newthreads"] {
    .contentRow-minor {
        display:none;
    }
}

seems to have worked. would have to keep an eye if this break anything else. :D

would wait for your response! cheers.

Top Bottom